1) 3D-Coat 2.08 is out. The list of features is there .
2) First newsletters was sent to customers.
3) I am seriously thinking about porting to Mac. It is not easy task, but I am seekeng for solution.
3) Now I am working over merging additional objects into scene (I hope to finist in 3-4 days). It opens a great perspective - adding new geometry in scene. Lofted tubes made with splines, boolean combining. The last thing - not so quick.
4) One of goals - improvement of materials - painting using photo. I want to make possibility to distort image using grid. It will allow to fit image on object very precisely.
5) I like Wink, I have already made several tutorials
www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut1/Interface.htm - Interface basics
www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut2/Curves.htm (30 mb) - Big tutorial about curves
http://www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut3/Ornament.htm - using patterns and curves
http://www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut6/HardCurve.htm - hard edges with curves
http://www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut4/DefineKey.htm - how to define hotkey
http://www.3d-coat.com/files/Tut4/PaintCavity.htm - cavity painting
I am Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat. This is my personal blog devoted to the development of 3D-Coat. This blog is created to give fast and non-official information about 3D-Coat. I will post there daily news, what I am doing now, what features are under development this moment. It could be really interesting for everyone who is interested in 3D-Coat.