The brief news, for someone it are not news :)
1) 3D - Brush has become 3D - Coat to avoid any problems in trademark registering. Thank to Mikael Strom for new logo! There was soooo long discussion and big battle over new name.
2) new web site is open. (http://www.3d-coat.com/)
3) 2.07 is out. Look the features there.
4) 2.08 is almost done. Visit forum to see the progress.
5) Almost all downloads are now form USA-based server, site is now distributed on 2 servers.
What is in process now?
1) Interface is becoming fully customable. I like idea of Wings 3D where hotkeys for all actions are defined using "Ins". I use "End" for the same purpose because "Ins" is by default bind to fill layer.
2) UV-set could be exported/imported
3) LW compartability improved - now you can use models with multiple uv-sets (but no more then one uv-set per face)
4) One long-playing bug is fixed - spikes on the edge between long and short polygones.
5) Curves have got important improvement - now you can put any picture along spline. You can see it there .
6) I have found the coolest program called Wink to make tutorials (thank to digman). Can't wait to make some flesh/video-tutorials.
7) We paln to spent some money on advertising since 1-st of april, I hope it will help to distribute 3DC. Till now we have spent only 5$ on advertising. Have great idea on advert? Write me.
8) Japanese website and transtlation is coming very soon.
9)2.08 hints will be fully translated in russian.
10) We plan to add some trial period to demo (maybe 6-12 hours of work time). After trial it will work like demo.
11) The price will grow significantly from 1-st of April. It will be 120$. Educational version will be available for 89$ (no commercial usage, layers amount limitation).
I am Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat. This is my personal blog devoted to the development of 3D-Coat. This blog is created to give fast and non-official information about 3D-Coat. I will post there daily news, what I am doing now, what features are under development this moment. It could be really interesting for everyone who is interested in 3D-Coat.