Recently 2.05 and 2.06was done. There are so m any features in pictures that it is better to give a links to the complete description:
Now I plan to add new import option - smooth uv-set like it is described there:
Also, it may be interesting for you, I plan to add the next set of features in future:
- merging new objects into scene
- more complete uv-mapping
- memory consumption optimisation, so that every face on layer will contaion only required subset of information (color or geometry)
- procedural layers (text layers, curve layers, parametrical materials layers etc)- make blending options like in PS (with same names)
- plugins system
- more filters (now you have 3 filters - adjust HSV, smooth, sharpen)
- tweaking in low-poly mode
- hairs and fur (maybe in 3.xx version)
- volumetrical sculpting (in 3.xx version) - work wth volume, not surface, so that you will be able to make holes or change topology as you wish.
It is a big piece of work, so please don't wait all this in 2.07 :).
I am Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat. This is my personal blog devoted to the development of 3D-Coat. This blog is created to give fast and non-official information about 3D-Coat. I will post there daily news, what I am doing now, what features are under development this moment. It could be really interesting for everyone who is interested in 3D-Coat.