3D-Coat development process

I am Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat. This is my personal blog devoted to the development of 3D-Coat. This blog is created to give fast and non-official information about 3D-Coat. I will post there daily news, what I am doing now, what features are under development this moment. It could be really interesting for everyone who is interested in 3D-Coat.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Development progress

Last week I was working over making 3D-Coat cross-platform. My friend Sergey Krizhanovsky has made cross platfirm engine and last week I was busy by replacing old graphical engine with new one. It was very hard work, only 5 days was spent to compile and link program with new engine. New engine will give improved speed, OpenGL/DirectX render, very nice handlerd like in Maya. I hope to finish my part of work this week. Then Sergey should make some final changes in 3D-Coat to make it cross platorm. It is possible that Mac version will be done until the end of june (official deadline - 9 of july). So, from next week I will continue to improve functionality. At first, I plan to make retopo tool. Also, I can't wait to start volumetric tools. I was impressed by recent post of Frankie It seems to be more impressive then hard to do feature. You can read interesting thread there.

No comments: